1. What is HIV?
2. What is AIDS? What causes AIDS?
3. Where did HIV come from?
4. How long does it take for HIV to cause AIDS?
5. How can I tell if I'm infected with HIV? What are the symptoms?
Testing for HIV:
6. Where can I get tested for HIV infection?
7. What are rapid HIV tests?
8. Are there other tests available?
9. How long after a possible exposure should I wait to get tested for HIV?
10. If I test HIV negative, does that mean that my partner is HIV negative also?
11. What if I test positive for HIV?
12. I'm HIV positive. Where can I get information about treatments?
13. How many people have HIV & AIDS?
14. Why is CDC recommending that all pregnant women be tested for HIV?
15. How safe is the blood supply in the United States?
Transmission and Prevention:
16. How is HIV passed from one person to another?
17. Can I get HIV from kissing on the cheek?
18. Can I get HIV from open-mouth kissing?
19. Can I get HIV from performing oral sex?
20. Can I get HIV from someone performing oral sex on me?
21. Can I get HIV from having vaginal sex?
22. Can I get HIV from anal sex?
23. How effective are latex condoms in preventing HIV?
24. Is there a connection between HIV and other sexually transmitted diseases?
25. Why is injecting drugs a risk for HIV?
26. How can people who use injection drugs reduce their risk for HIV infection?
27. Can I get HIV from getting a tattoo or through body piercing?
28. Are health care workers at risk of getting HIV on the job?
29. Are patients in a dentist's or doctor's office at risk of getting HIV?
30. Should I be concerned about getting infected with HIV while playing sports?
31. Can I get HIV from casual contact (shaking hands, hugging, using a toilet, drinking from the same glass, or the sneezing and coughing of an infected person)?
32. Can I get infected with HIV from mosquitoes?